Thursday, February 16, 2012

Weird..


All of the outlets in my building are upside down. Why? Obviously it was a conscious decision by the construction workers/electicians because they are ALL upside down! At first it sort of drove me insane but now i kind of love it, and it makes way more sense. Man, transitioning back to right-side-up outlets is going to be such a pain! :p
In other news, Marissa has a pretty humiliating story.
So once upon a time, my professor decided that he wanted to assign his students to do a "close reading" on a particular piece of literature we would read in class. Well, I got assigned the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. So as I started writing said paper, I realized that I really didn't know what to write about, and it took me forever to write the dang thing. But alas, I did write it, and albeit it wasn't my best work, I was just so done with it so I didn't care. I turned in the paper and pretty much forgot about it.
Well, last night after class my professor said he wanted to meet with me. Whenever a professor tells you that, your stomach automatically does a few flip flops, and I began imaging worst-case scenarios as to why my professor needed to have a word with me. Well, turns out my worst-case scenario came true! Doesn't that just suck? He ended up telling me that I didn't do the assignment right, and that I needed to rewrite the whole thing.
Lets just say that I felt pretty dumb. Like, really dumb. I've never once in my life been so off on an assignment that my professor/teacher had to have me do it again. GAH!
But don't worry, this story has a somewhat happy ending, and that is that I just rewrote it and i'm finished with it!! (super happy eh?) I feel alot better about it, not great, but better, enough so that my professor hopefully won't have to have another little chat with me agian. Ugh, it was just uncomfortable for everybody involved I think.
But its all over now and in the past. DONE.
I just realized that on this silly little blog that I always talk about school and that I'm supposed to be in college partying and having crazy adventures. Well, I am having crazy adventures and partying, but so much of my life is school and work, so I guess thats what's on my mind. all. the. time.
On a happier note though, I'm coming home for the 3 day weekend! YAY!!!!!!!
Oh and also, I got a fall/winter contract with the Elms today! again, YAY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am way sorry that you had to have one of those stomach sinking chats with your professor. I've had one of those before, and I can still remember it so clearly. . . although it doesn't cause me pain anymore:) Congrats on getting into the Elms! I really liked that place. I mean, let's be honest, there's no "magical" apartment where everything is going to be awesome, but I look back on that semester really fondly. I hope you really enjoy it! Are you going to be able to live with your friend Katie?

    ReplyDelete