Thursday, November 29, 2012

thoughts..

I've definitely needed this reminder over the past few days.  Sometimes I find myself getting so caught up in my own Marissa World, with my own problems and my own challenges and I too easily forget to step back and remember that eternal perspective and that my Heavenly Father has not left me to struggle alone.  Rather, He is always watching over me and is aware of what I'm facing.  He is with me through my joys and through my challenges.  He KNOWS and CARES about me, and you and is willing and wanting to help us!  

  The past few weeks have literally been a whirlwind of emotions.  Since when did I become so emotional? .Ugh, must be what happens when you hit 2 decades.  Control of emotions goes out the window.  I thought that's what was supposed to end after puberty? You're all liars! ;)  I think these roller coaster emotions have come because I've found myself (or put myself)  under a constant stress and pressure to do certain things and to make some very important choices.   I've come to realize that things are never going to be completely picture perfect.  That there are going to be challenges, and that whatever plan you have for yourself is not necessarily what God has in mind for you.  Learning to accept and understand Gods will above my own has always been a challenge for me, and boy is he putting me to the test.

Despite all of these crazy emotions and and concerns of mine, I am extremely happy!  Life is so good, as cliche as that sounds.  It really is, and alot of it has to do with the wonderful people in my life.  I have amazing parents, siblings, buds, friends, coworkers, roommates, neighbors, and most importantly, I have the gospel in my life.   I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of Jesus Christ and his gospel.  I'm so grateful for my Savior, t he atoned for the sins of the world.  I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that I am never alone.  I'm grateful that despite all of my concerns and challenges, Christ knows exactly what I'm going through.  I honestly am sad for those who don't have that knowledge in their lives.  The world would seem a whole lot scarier without it.

  Things are going to be getting crazier and crazier the closer it gets to January, but for right now in this very moment, despite the fact that I have to write a paper and this is how I'm procrastinating, I am so happy.  I really am.

 "May your days be merry and Bright, and may all your Christmases be white!"


2 comments:

  1. Marissa,you are awesome. I look up to you so much. thanks for sharing that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marissa Blissa for that uplifting post. I hope I get to be your "sibling", "friend", and "bud" all at the same time:)

    ReplyDelete